In-Bounds Training at a Glance
- Conveniently located near the intersection of Good Hope Rd and Range Line Rd in Glendale, WI, In-Bounds Training consists of a 24,600 square foot open court with 40 foot pitched ceilings, concessions, a team room, staff offices, and spectator seating.
- Converted an abandoned warehouse into Wisconsin’s premier indoor futsal training facility.
- Developed central location for year-round physical activity and school youth programs.
- Created 4 full time equivalent job positions to date.
- Created a true destination for indoor sports – the facility routinely attracts tourism and visitors from throughout the Midwest to Glendale, WI.
- Unique Feature: In Bounds Training is proud to have installed nearly 22,000 square feet of SnapSport Athletic Modular Flooring for our athletes. Snapsports is the preferred court flooring for Futsal, Volleyball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Handball, & multiple other sports.
- J. Jeffers & Co. Role: Developer, Co-owner, and Co-manager.
- Financial Participants: Cornerstone Community Bank, the Milwaukee County Revolving Loan Fund, and Focus on Energy.
The building that currently houses In-Bounds Training, as well as the adjacent building to the east that is operated by the Paley Tennis Club, had been built as a single interconnected tennis facility in the 1960’s. Over time the original tennis club moved out and the buildings were split off. The In Bounds building was converted to a heavy industrial use and then a warehouse. By 2013, the building was vacant and water-damaged, and the site was overgrown. The building’s highest and best use was clearly conversion back to an indoor sports facility serving athletes and families throughout Milwaukee’s north shore.
Improvements to the property were funded with small business loan funding provided by the Milwaukee County Revolving Loan Fund and Cornerstone Community Bank. Many of these improvements focused on energy efficiency: new lighting, high performance insulation, and a high efficiency heating system. Other improvements included construction of a steel mezzanine structure for spectator viewing, site grading and paving for the parking lot, reconfiguring the main entry and other points of egress, and implementation of a sprinkler and fire & life safety system.
In-Bounds Building Today
The building is home to In-Bounds Training Center, Wisconsin’s preeminent indoor sportsplex, catering to futsal, field hockey, la crosse, volleyball and soccer teams and clubs. In addition, the space is available for recreation program activities and private events.
In-Bounds Training Center
2920 West Vera Ave.
Glendale, WI 53209
Purchased: May 2013
Completed: November 2013
Computerized Structural Design, s.c.
Jack Brill General Contracting